Numero dos – I hope you aren’t getting tired of this yet.
https://criesfromanunkemptgarden.wordpress.com/ is an awesome blog written by Lisa, also the kind writer to nominate me. I’ve expressed this directly but I hope you will forgive me for the repeat; thank you! The blogging community is one of the reasons I enjoy this platform as much as I do, the selfless and very much encouraging people on here are just bloody epic.
Just a little more about Lisa’s blog; she’s a devout Christian and her beliefs definitely reflect in her writing and it is always a smooth read. For those of you who aren’t religious, I promise you, you’ll still be able to enjoy it to the max. I myself am an agnostic but her value system is on point and it is honestly a great experience to read.
Shoutout to http://okotoenigma.wordpress.com who created the award from scratch. Must be pretty awesome to see it going around the blogging sphere.
Okay so I rarely get personal in a serious manner when it comes to my blog but I’ll throw that out of the window – rules are rules; 3 things about myself.
- I’m from London, England (hence the lack of ‘z’ in my spelling) and am probably leaning towards introversion. That’s not really because I’m shy, I’m not. I am just an incredibly laid back individual and prefer spending time in a way that reflects that. Not always, of course, we are all introverted and extroverted depending on the time and place, right?
- I use swear words to lend to my writing (WHAT). I realise that puts some people off, especially because you will see that consistently within my content but swear words are words. They reflect certain emotions better than others, words that have a history. I make use of that.
- As much as it marginalises people, my Master’s degree was in Political Science so that has definitely become a topic I’m interested in. I enjoy political discussions; I’m a free speech absolutist and argue for that very right. This means I am happy to get to a table and talk it out with the far leftist socialists and far-right radicals. Communication…ya know? I consider myself a classical liberal or maybe in today’s age I fit better in the centre. To be quite honest, I dislike that political spectrum as it is, it’s old and outdated.
As per the rules, there are five questions that Lisa posed her nominees so here we go:
- Why WordPress why are you here? A million blogging websites why this one?
Boring answer alert; It was the holier than thou google search. I wanted a big ass platform and it spit up WordPress. I stuck to it and never let go. Sorry, I don’t have the most inspirational, string of fate-y bond to WordPress, but time is quickly changing that.
- What is another hobby you have outside of writing?
A good game of Footy (soccer for Americans (I won’t get into it)) and basketball. I definitely don’t get to play as much anymore but my love for it hasn’t died down just yet. I love anime, that shit has been part of my life since I was a little kid and it’s problematically followed me into adulthood. I’m a grown up now though so you can’t tell me what to do no more (mum). Netflix; binge watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air and yes, it stands the test of time. Although the massive ‘mobile phones’ and whenever they say “dad, it’s the nineties” it’s difficult not to feel its age. Btw ‘Fresh Prince’ is an awesome nickname. I dig. Still.
- What would you tell your younger self in benefit of you today?
Stop eating. Ha. Just kidding. Not really. No, seriously I’m kidding (not).
I would probably go for the ‘failure is key’ lecture. It has been on repeat for most of us who read blogs regularly but it is a lesson that comes in a little late for those who are younger and still trying to figure their shit out.
It takes time and experience to shrug off and keep going but it gets harder if you’re setting foot into the world expecting and hoping for wins only. Life will be tougher on you than for those who have accepted that losses are part of the journey. Okay, enough preaching. Younger me would have slammed the door in my face by now.
- Do you take lots of notes or just write on the fly?
I’d say about 80% of the time it’s very much spontaneous. The only notes I take are the ideas for the topic (on the notepad app on my phone). Once I have the core concept, I can elaborate quite smoothly from there.
- Who has inspired you most in your writes, outside yourself? I.e.; other author, teacher, mentor
Not to be basic (but I sure am, maybe not quite pumpkin spiced latte basic though, but basic enough) Jk Rowling’s Harry Potter definitely opened that door and kept it that way. Those books lit some fire up under my ass and it was the first time I was even remotely interested in reading. So after devouring the set, I started to appreciate the power of literature and got into classics like Shakespeare and Orwell. I hate to think what would have become of me if it wasn’t for the boy who lived (mini-cubicle office worker- no offence to those who do, I respect the grind).
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions
My questions to the nominees:
- What made you first start your blog?
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- Do you trust anyone with your life – who and why?
- What/who is something you deem underrated – this can be an artist, object, experiences etc.
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
On that note, just another huge Thank you for the continuous readership, for the kind comments and consistent likes. I appreciate you guys like crazy and nothing can feel quite as satisfying as someone enjoying content that I produced.